[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
FRC Discussion Forum • View topic - Reply to Fruitloop (Heather)

Reply to Fruitloop (Heather)

Chat and share all your news, both horse and non horse related subjects.

Moderator: Committee Member

Reply to Fruitloop (Heather)

Postby Anne - David » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:40 pm

Hi fruitloop, just read your comments, I haven’t been along to the Club for a while, but I had to go to the field drop some parts off for Andrew today (Friday).

You’re right the field’s a disgrace and all your ‘work needing done points’ are valid however, you did miss the huge muddy puddles at the entrance and the fallen trees around the field perimeter

However, regarding blame, the blame lies squarely with the committee.

The committee are meant to run the club, they should support the office bearers and encourage new ideas. There don’t seem to be much of that, in fact there doesn't seem to be much pride in the club at all.

Before anyone starts to decry me, remember I did the job for a lot of years and when you’ve not got the whole team helping it’s hard work.

So there’s a week left before Fife Riding Club presents itself to the other Riding Clubs, the Club’s finances are strong so get something done!

David Henderson
Club Chairman & Vice Chairman 1989 to 2002

Anne - David

Postby Anne - David » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:44 pm

Since posting my moan I’m reliably informed that the tree cutting is currently underway, the grass is to be cut over the weekend, fencers are due in early next week and there’s a field cleanup starting at 11am tomorrow.

Hurrah! But why not give a bit of notice about the cleanup?
David
Anne - David

Postby trigger » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:35 pm

David

You seem to think the Committee should run the club and the rest of the members can just sit back and enjoy the facilities - don't agree with you
trigger

Postby Andrew » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:18 pm

Hi David,

As usual you're very quick to stir things up, unfortunately you tend to do this without all the information.

The committee have been pretty busy in the background firstly organising the usual club syllabus and the area qualifiers! With regards to the condition of the field the responsibility for this ultimately lies with me as field coordinator however, with new family and work commitments I have been unable to attend the field as much as usual. That hasn't stopped us obtaining quotes for fences, sorting out with the council whose responsibility it was to remove the fallen trees, obtain blades for toppers (thanks for that!) and have the toppers repaired.

With regards to pride in the club that lies with the entire membership and not only the committee, where are the 200+ members when we ask for assistance with field tidy ups and course building etc. I wonder how many have put their names forward to Tricia to help next weekend?

I would also note that by my recollection I haven't seen you assist at any of these since standing down in 2002!!!!

In future rather than wasting time criticising why not spend that time coming along to lend a hand :wink:

Thanks

Andrew
Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Heather » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:17 am

Wow :? :(

David, play nice! :D :D Pot, Kettle & Black sprung to mind when I read this babe. LOL :D

I can totally remember you, year after year after year after year, stating that it's not the sole responsibility of the Committee to do everything and that it's the members club, and that members should always lend a hand. :) Not your exact words I know as I do not have a memory to regurgitate exact comments but that was definately the theme :D

My comment/ suggestion was NOT about blame - there is no point in that - it's about moving forward positively. Opening up the communication lines, asking who, what, when and then actually doing something about it! :D :D Following it up as, with a mouth the size of mine, I have learnt the hard way that 'talk is cheap'! lol :wink: I put my muscles where my mouth is now :wink: :D

I'm only a member as my short experience on the committee a million years ago proved I just can not 'do' Committee politics :lol:

I do, however, fully appreciate that I need to pull my weight to help with the running of the Club field. If a large proportion of the other 200+ members (really? That's a lot! :) ) spent 2 hours helping we'd have a VERY spangly field in no time at all! :D :D

No member gets any money to work at the Club field, it's all voluntary. All of the hours the committee do chuck at the Club. Please play nice David :D I know you can :D :D :D Craigie work days were always a bucket of fun! :D :D :D
Dare To Dream
Heather

Postby Heather » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:31 am

:D :D :D No more negative thoughts anyone if you please. :D :D :D

Dare To Dream
Heather

Return to Chit Chat